Pain ManagementWelcome to the Bay Area’s most unique pain management center. While most centers and clinics specialize in more serious acute and chronic situations, our focus is sub-acute and chronic populations that are ready to take health into their own hands and learn proven self-treatment strategies that drastically reduce and often eliminate pain.
WHAT WE ARE
- A magnet for self-motivated people like you who have not responded well to other treatment programs.
- Over 12 years of clinical experience in spinal post-rehabilitation, pain management, and medical exercise programs.
- A rare mix of clinical experience and the ability to take you to your highest potential in all aspects of health and fitness.
- A place that will do whatever it takes to get you better; if we are unable to help you, we will refer you to one of our off-site team members.
- Well rounded in all aspects of healing; exercise, nutrition, and stress management techniques.
- A fun, safe and uplifting environment for everyone.
- A reliable source for helping people reach their potential.
- Knowledgeable about your condition.
- Our programs are based on scientific evidence and proven methods.
- Professional’s who practice what we preach, and unlike most doctors, we exercise routinely and follow healthy habits.
WHAT WE ARE NOT
- A stuffy office or therapy clinic.
- Licensed physicians or doctors who diagnose.
- A crutch that you will need to depend on.
- Focused on drugs or surgery.
- Limited by protocols.
- Narrow minded or stuck in our own ways; if it’s not working, we will correct and continue or refer.
- Inexperienced. Chris has been the director of two separate clinics for post-rehab and pain management and now owns and operates Exercise Progression.
Exercise Progression offers a post-rehab and pain management combination that is hard to find. Not only can Chris Hallford assess which areas need the most attention for you, he can also tailor your program to meet your specific needs. In other words, if you are a runner and suffer from low back pain, Chris will work with you on ways to improve your pain AND still run.* Because of his extensive experience with athletes, Chris always finds a way to keep his clients active while they are on the mend! He does this by utilizing the two tools below, PRT and medical exercise.
PAIN MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Pain Release Techniques® (PRT)
PRT is performed by and was created by Chris Hallford. It is an interactive assessment that teaches clients 1) where pain/tension spots (usually trigger points) are commonly located in the body, 2) how to release them, and 3) preventative strategies, exercises, stress management techniques and self PRT for a self-treatment program to gain and maintain optimum functioning. A PRT session is typically 30 minutes and includes:
- assessment (5-15 min)
- pain release techniques (15-25 min)
- brief instruction on any corrective exercises and program details (2-5 min)
- handouts of specific exercises and education topics
- functional program of stretching, daily activity modifications, strengthening exercises, and nutrition education, all of which are summarized and described in handouts
1 session $65 10 sessions $600
All of the exercise training at our center is founded on Chris Hallford’s evidence-based book “Exercise Progression for Low back Disorders; A Professional’s Manual” and has been proven to work for people with chronic pain and injuries all over the body. Medical exercise training is specifically for people who are recovering from injury, in pain, or have compensations and dysfunctions related to old pain and injury patterns. As with every other program at Exercise Progression, this training is based on the findings from a detailed assessment. Training sessions are progressed according to each person’s needs and can be in an appropriate boot camp or one-on-one session. A physician’s referral is required for all acute and high pain situations.
Boot Camps $15**
Drop Ins $20
One on One
1 Session NOW only $50!
10 Pack NOW only $450!
All exercise sessions/camps are 45 minutes each
*All acute pain clients must have a physician’s recommendation for exercise before training at Exercise Progression. If you are not sure of your situation, please contact email@example.com
** Entire boot camp is purchased up front (3 days per week for 4-12 weeks depending on camp), which includes evaluation, handouts, and other goodies.